ICOMOS CIVVIHFrom 7:00 μμ to 4:00 μμ
ANNUAL MEETING OF CIVVIH ICOMOS AND THE SIENTIFIC SYMPOSIUM
HERITAGE, DRIVER OF HISTORIC TOWNS AND URBAN LANDSCAPES SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
16 – 20 SEPTEMBER 2015
1. General Information
1.2 Transfer to Syros island and back to Athens
2. Participation Cost
2.1 Payment methods
3. Hotel Booking
3.1 Booking Rates
4. Preliminary Program
6. Syros Confirmation and Ferry Boat ticket form
The Annual Meeting will be held on 17th and 18th of September.
The Organizer have provide as arrival day the 16th of September.
The participants are free to depart on 19th of September but also they have the option to depart on 20th of September. The local authorities will organize a special event (for details please look at the program below) and this overnight stay will be also covered by them.
The meeting will take place in two sites:
- The historical neoclassical city of Hermoupolis
- The historic and medieval settlement of Ano Syros
The Syros Institute with the sponsorship of the Municipality of Hermoupolis-Syros and the South Aegean Region, will cover the following mentioned amenities, at a cost of 220 € per person for maximum 60 members (the amount will be paid using the links at the end of this announcement).
- All members transfer cost from Piraeus to Syros, and vice versa.
- Four (4) overnight stays of CIVVIH members, with breakfast in a 4 star Hotel at Syros (Dolphin Bay)
- For the three (3) days of the symposium, Syros Institute will offer coffee, light lunch at noon and dinner in the evening, to all members.
- Tours: in Ano Syros and Hermoupolis including the famous Apollo Theater, the amazing City Hall, the Cathedral of Saint George and other monuments in the island.
- Performance at the City Hall and gala.
- Presentations and Papers from ICOMOS – CIVVIH members will be published in the journal of the Institute in printed digital forms (www.sdct-journal.com)
1.2 Concerning your transfer to Syros Island and back to Athens
- Use Metro line 3 from the Athens International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) and change at Monastiraki to Metro line 1 with direction to Piraeus (Port). Estimated journey time is 60 minutes. The frequencies are every 30 minutes.
- You can use the Express Bus directly from Airport to Piraeus Port, number X96 (5 euros ticket and 1-1,5 hour long trip). You will get out of the bus after asking the driver for the correct dock number (until now it is E2, but it is subjected to change).
- Additionally there is the option to take a taxi with a cost of around 50-60Euros and half hour duration.
- The ferry boats timetable, the only one covered by the sponsors, from Piraeus to Syros island is the following:
WEDNESDAY 16th: 19.00 (departure from Piraeus) – 23.10 (arrival to Syros)
A private bus will take you to the Hotel (20 min. from port)
- The ferry boats timetable, the only one covered by the sponsors, from Syros island to Piraeus is the following:
SUNDAY 20th or SATURDAY 19th: 16.00 (departure from Syros) – 19.45 (arrival to Piraeus)
A private bus will take you from the Hotel to Syros Port (20 min.)
- In case you want to upgrade to 1st class, you will need to pay the amount of difference.
- In case you want to use a different ferryboat than the above mentioned, you will need to cover the ticket cost (aprox. 40 euros).
- For other ferryboats timetable you can book tickets here.
Your ticket is necessary for us, in order to cover the cost. In case you lose your ticket, you will be charged for the full amount.
2. PARTICIPATION COST
Standard participation cost for members is 220 euro (+8 euro credit card/bank transfer fees = 228 euros)
Optional for non CIVVIH members:
Participation cost for non CIVVIH members is 120 euros (+5 euro credit card/bank transfer fees = 125 euros) and includes participation in all events, dinners, lunches, coffee breaks, tours etc. It does NOT cover hotel room cost, ferry boat tickets and merchandise (welcome gift).
Kids under 12 years old participate for free.
Because of the recent capital controls in Greece, you are kindly requested to pay your participation cost in advance.
2.1 Payment methods
A. You can make a bank transfer (228 or 125 euros) to the following bank account*:
IBAN GR 7802602810000790200978750
BIC Number is: ERBKGRAA
Bank Name: EUROBANK
The account name is “Syros Institute” and it is the official Bank Account Number of the organizers
B. You can pay with Credit Card. Please use this link to pay:
C. You can pay in cash (220 or 120 euros) upon arriving to Syros (registration desk at “Pnevmatiko Kentro” Thursday morning)
*Don’t forget to write your full name and as reason “CIVVIH ICOMOS MEMBER” or “CIVVIH ICOMOS NO MEMBER”
3. HOTEL BOOKING – DOLPHIN BAY 4* HOTEL
You must contact the Hotel to confirm your booking via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your full name, country and check in / check out dates.
Four nights for every participant (members) are covered (September 16th(check in) to 20th (check out))
If you wish to stay longer, or upgrade your room to double, triple, sea-view or suits, you must contact and inform relevant the Hotel:
Tel. +30 22810 42924
Fax +30 2281042843
The booking rates are:
- Upgrading to double standard room: +20 Euros for each night (you pay upon arrival at Organizing Committee). In case you upgrade to DOUBLE or TRIPLE rooms between September 17th to 20th, you will pay the difference to the Organizers upon arrival.
- Upgrading to triple standard room: +30 Euros for each night (you pay upon arrival at Organizing Committee). In case you upgrade to DOUBLE or TRIPLE rooms between September 17th to 20th, you will pay the difference to the Organizers upon arrival.
- Upgrading from Standard Village View to Superior Sea View Rooms (limited rooms available): +15 Euros per night (4 nights = 60 euros)
- For additional night (single standard room): You will pay +45 Euro for each night (you pay at Hotel Reception). If you want to extend your staying, you will pay to the HOTEL Reception the extra nights.
- For additional night (double or triple standard room): You will pay +55 or +65 Euro for each night (you pay at Hotel Reception). If you want to extend your staying, you will pay to the HOTEL Reception the extra nights.
The organisers are NOT responsible for Dates and Type of Rooms for the Hotel Booking.
4. PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
WEDNESDAY 16 SEPTEMBER
Departure from Piraeus port and arrival at Syros
19:00 Departure from Piraeus
23:15 Arrival at Syros and check-in at Hotel (a bus will take everybody to the Hotel, 20min. distance)
THURSDAY 17 SEPTEMBER
Scientific Symposium, Work Session A and Tour in neoclassic Hermoupolis city, Dinner in Hermoupolis, Transfer to Hotel
9:00-14:00 Scientific Symposium
13:00-14:30 Light Lunch
14:30-18:30 Scientific Symposium
18:30–19:30 Tour walking through neoclassical Hermoupolis
19:30-21:30 Dinner in Hermoupolis
FRIDAY 18 SEPTEMBER
Closure of Scientific Symposium, Civvih Elections, Gala and performance at Apollon Theatre, Transfer to Hotel
9:00-13:30 Scientific Symposium
13:30-15:00 Light Lunch
15:00-18:00 CIVVIH Elections
18:00-21:00 Free Program
21:00-23:00 Apollon Theatre “Europa Nostra Award ceremony for HER.M.E.S. Digitisation Project”
Performance of “Cyclades Orchestra” with maestro Nikos Kypourgos &
Reception at the foyer & the backyard of Apollon Theatre
SATURDAY 19 SEPTEMBER (Optional)
Transfer to Ano Syros, Private guided tour and Saint George Cathedral Opening, Transfer to Hotel
10:30-13:30 Private guided tour and Saint George Cathedral Opening (restoration project)
13:30-14:30 Light Lunch – Reception at the verandas of Saint George
14:30-16:00 Transfer to the Port (for those leaving that day)
15:00 Transfer to the Hotel (for those staying that day)
SUNDAY 20 SEPTEMBER
Departure, Arrival at Piraeus port
14:30 Departure from Hotel to Syros port
16:00 Departure to Piraeus port
19:30 Arrival at Piraeus port (Athens)
Booking (confirmation, upgrade and extensions) the Hotel room: September 3rd 2015
Syros Confirmation Form (for boat tickets and events): September 3rd 2015
SYROS CONFIRMATION AND FERRY BOAT TICKET FORM
The boat tickets and the hotel rooms must be issued by name and cannot be canceled (boat tickets).
For this reason you are kindly requested to fill the relevant online form, which you will bellow.
Use one Form per Person (except kids under 12).
Fill this form when you are 100% sure for your participation dates, but NO LATER than September 3rd 2015.